- Advanced Endoscopic Techniques Fellowship at North Shore – LIJ Hofstra School of Medicine
- Gastroenterology Fellowship at North Shore – LIJ Hofstra School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Residency at State University of New York
- M.D. from State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
- B.S. in in Biology from Georgetown University
- On-Time Doctor Award from Vitals
Dr. Vamadaven was born and raised in New York City. His interest in medicine was influenced by his father’s enthusiasm and joy working as an emergency room pediatrician in Brooklyn, New York. Dr. Vamadevan specialized in gastroenterology to build long lasting relationships with patients and perform advanced endoscopic procedures.
Dr. Vamadevan is a board certified gastroenterologist and advanced endoscopist. Dr. Vamadevan has served as Chief of Gastroenterology at Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. In addition to clinical practice, Dr. Vamadevan has authored multiple articles and book chapters on advanced endoscopic techniques and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr Vamadevan lives in Northern Virginia with his wife, also a physician, and his two children. He enjoys playing sports with his children, traveling, living an active lifestyle, and listening to all genres of music. He has also volunteered for national and international medical relief efforts.