- Gastroenterology Fellowship at University of Washington
- Internal Medicine Residency at University of Washington
- M.D. from Yale University School of Medicine
- B.A. in History from Duke University
Clinical Areas of Interest:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Hereditary colon cancer syndromes
- Colon cancer prevention
- Acid reflux
- Gallstone disease
- Top Doctor by Northern Virginia Magazine
- Top Doctor by the Washingtonian
- Top Doctor by Castle Connolly Regional
- Top 10 Doctor by Vitals
- Patients’ Choice Award from Vitals
- Clinical Research Award from American College of Gastroenterology
Dr. Brown grew up in Connecticut. He attended Duke University and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.A. in History. While at Duke, he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his M.D. at the Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Brown completed an Internal Medicine Residency and Gastroenterology Fellowship at the University of Washington in Seattle where he received a Clinical Research Award from the American College of Gastroenterology.
He is board certified in gastroenterology. He was previously Chief of Gastroenterology and is now the Medical Director of the Gastroenterology Service Line at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center.
When not working, Dr. Brown likes to play soccer, exercise, and spend time with his wife and three children.